Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All Things Dutch

September is shaping up to be an exciting month at Jimmy's No. 43, and around New York City as well. Watch as NYC goes crazy for anything Dutch!

The 400th Anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage to New York is upon us and during the week of September 6- 13 there will be a lot of Dutch people hanging out at Jimmy's No. 43. These people will be participating in a job swap program connecting professionals from Amsterdam and New York. Join us on Monday, September 7th (7:00- 10:00 PM) for a party to welcome the Dutch Job Swappers!

During the week of September 13-20 I, (Jimmy Carbone, the Jimmy behind Jimmy's!), will be in Amsterdam hanging out with my dutch hosts, and doing all things bar/beer related. Of course, Jimmy's No. 43 will not rest while I am in Amsterdam- no there will be plenty of celebrating on this side of the pond as well!

On Thursday, September 10 is the Local Oyster and Beer Night (6:00-10:00 PM). Then on Friday, September 11- Sunday, September 13 The Cask Ale Fest to Kick Off NY Craft Beer Week. (Details in the Events Sidebar)

Why Dutch? I have been a big fan of the Christoffel beers from Netherlands for many years. Last November, in tandem with 5 Dutch Days at St Marks Church, I hosted the first annual Fancy Dutch Beer Week. The Shelton Brothers Beer Importers have a few great Dutch craft beers as well, and I tried them. This past June, I co-hosted a Dutch New Herring Night w/ Russ and Daughters and now I'm off to Amsterdam!

So it's true, build it and they will come.